Replace ceiling fan blades. Ceiling fans are one of the most common ways of keeping your room cool. These are designed to last for years and years. Cleaning the fan and blades keeps them functioning.
If blades get damaged or have any issue, the better idea is to replace them with a new one. You can replace the ceiling fan blades with new ones but there are some points you need to remember.
Don’t replace the fan blade with the longer blades as it can damage the motor (motor burnout) and longer blades may cause the fan to fall. Measure current blades and then purchase the new ones as per the measurements.
Replace ceiling fan blades
A few basic actions are required to replace a ceiling fan blade. To begin, examine your current blade and note where the screws that secure the blade to the rest of the fan are located. Remove both screws with your screwdriver, then swap out the old worn-out or damaged blades for the replacement.
You should now be able to resume your business!
Select replacement blades
Before knowing how to replace the ceiling fan blades, let’s explore an important, section of replacing ceiling fan blades. Take extra care while choosing the blade’s styles and length.
A range of blades is available with different styles and lengths. The commonly used fan blade length is 42 inches and 52 inches. And these are widely used by many homeowners.
Check the warranty card or other documents related to the fan, these papers contain all details about the dimensions of fan blades.
You can choose the longer blades, but the airflow performance depends on the fan motor, a longer blade affects the fan motor and puts some extra burden on the fan.
Determine the size of the blades
The second step is determining the size (length) of the ceiling fan blades.
- Take a ladder or step tool, depending on the height of your ceiling fan. The ladder or step tool should be high enough, so can easily approach the fan blade. It’s better to ask for help from a friend.
- If your fan blades are dirty, wipe out the dust and dirt to avoid them from getting into your eyes.
- Usually, blades are fixed with a screw, locate, and screws.
- Use a screwdriver to remove screws, remove fans one by one, and Keep all screws in a safe place.
- Now take the measurements of the fan blade you removed, and note down the length of the fan blades.
Locate the screws place and remove all blades
This step is about checking the area of the screw and detaching the blades.
- Take the ladder, and make sure it’s in a safe position. If you have a friend for support.
- Locate the screws and the area where blades are attached. Start removing screws one by one.
- Keep the screws in a safe place and detach the blades. Perform the same for all fan blades.
- Clean the blades which are not damaged and reattach with your ceiling fan.
Install new blades
- Install new blades with screws, either use the old screws or the new ones.
- Attach blade and tighten screws with a screwdriver.
- Fix all the blades one by one, you can use the new screws for a better look.
- Once you have finished installing blades, double-check the screws for any loose screws and tighten them.
Replace ceiling fan blades. A ceiling fan is an important appliance every house should have to keep the room cool. Sometimes it happens that fan blades get damaged or stop operating. Instead of replacing the fan, you should think of replacing the fan blades. Always replace with the exact match, means with the same measurements. Avoid replacing with longer blades to prevent damaging the fan motor.