How to reset Carbon monoxide alarm. When the Carbon Monoxide alarm goes off, press the silent alarm button and check the actual reason.
Press the silent alarm and hold it for 5 seconds. Make sure fresh air is passing in the area where the alarm unit is installed.
How to reset Carbon monoxide alarm
Before resetting the alarm, you should know the device type, either it’s automatic or manual. Automatic devices take 10 minutes and get reset automatically, while the manual needs special care to reset the unit.
- In case of a real alarm, open all doors and windows to serve the unit fresh air.
- Press the Alarm button and hold it for at least 5 to 10 seconds.
- Once the contamination is burnt or gone off, check for the reset button.
- Press the reset button and wait for some time, until the detector unit starts sensing.
- If the unit is not reset, repeat the process and wait until it gets to its normal position.
Possible reasons for carbon monoxide alarm
- Defective Carbon monoxide detectors: it is one of the most common factors that can trigger an alarm. Often it happens that a device gets defective and the CO alarm goes off.
- Limited resources or lack of fresh air: if your house is tightly closed for cooling or heating it happens that unhealthy gases accumulate inside. If there are no sufficient sources of fresh air CO alarm will trigger.
- Gas appliances near windows or fresh air vents: another possible reason is gas appliances near doors, and windows that prevent fresh air from getting inside the house.
- Air leaks or ductwork damage: If ductwork gets damaged an air leak occurs which results in alarm triggers.