Cleaning heavily soiled hardwood floors. It’s great to have elegant Harwood floors. Hardwood floor cleaning adds more beauty to your house look.
It’s very daunting to clean the heavily soiled hardwood floor. Unlike other floors maintaining the hardwood floor is not so easy. All you need to clean the hardwood floor is little prior knowledge.
Several methods are used to clean hardwood floors. These are cleaned with baking soda, a mixture of water with murphy’s oil, etc. You can also clean your dirty hardwood floor with some amount of mineral spirit and buffer.
If you are looking for the best methods to clean the hardwood floor? You are in the right place.
Cleaning heavily soiled hardwood floors
- Clean hardwood floor with vinegar
- Using water and murphy oil.
- using single-disc buffer and polishing pad.
Cleaning hardwood floor with vinegar
Vinegar is considered to be the best agent for cleaning dirty hardwood floors. One thing you need to keep in mind is making sure that the hardwood floor is cleaned.
Clean the hardwood floor before apply vinegar. Sweep the hardwood floor carefully with a dry mop, because if you miss any dirt, it will create a stain.
Sweeping the dirt and dust: first, you need to sweep the hardwood floor. For this purpose, you can use a soft bristle brush.
A mixture of white vinegar with warm water: the next is to prepare a combination of white vinegar with warm water. Be careful during the process of mixing white vinegar with warm water. The ratio of white vinegar with warm water is (one capful of white vinegar with3/4 filled warm water.
Applying the solution with sponge dry mop: A good quality Sponge Mop pad is required to apply the cleaning solution to hardwood. A high-quality sponge mop absorbs solution and releases only less amount while rubbing the hardwood floor. Clean the hardwood floor softly to avoid any damage.
Air dry your hardwood floor after mopping: After mopping is completed. the next thing you need to do is air dry your hardwood to eliminate the moisture factors. You can use a ceiling fan to dry the floor.
Cleaning heavily soiled hardwood floor with murphy oil
Another best option to clean the dirty hardwood floor is using murphy oil with warm water. Add murphy oil with warm water with a ratio should be (4-5 capfuls of murphy oil with ¾ full bucket).
- Add murphy oil to warm water.
- Remove dirt and dust from the hardwood floor with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Take a spring mop and dip it into a solution.
- Now remove excessive moist and mop away the dirt.
- The moisture level should be enough to clean the hard particles as well.
- Keep mopping until the toughest stains get removed.
- Air-dry the floor for some time.
Single-Disc Buffer and Mineral Spirit
Using single-disc buffer with mineral spirit helps in deep clean hardwood floors. The process needs a single-disc buffer, a cleaning pad, a microfiber mop, mineral-spirit, a spray bottle, and a polishing pad.
Steps for hardwood floors cleaning with a single-disc buffer and mineral spirit
- In the first step of cleaning the hardwood floor, you are required to remove dust and dirt with a soft mop. This step involves removing debris and dust.
- The second step is about adding a cleaning microfiber pad to your single-disc buffer. A high-quality disc buffer is preferred as it provides a quality cleaning service.
- Make sure that you applied mineral spry to the cleaning pad and the stain areas Before you start cleaning the floor.
- After cleaning hardwood floors, the next thing you need to do is perform mopping to remove dust. Make sure that you have cleaned all accessible areas.
- The next step is to detach the cleaning pad and attach a new polishing pad to your buffer.
- The polishing pad helps in removing all scratches. Polish the hardwood floor until all scratches disappear.
Note: cleaning heavily soiled hardwood floor with buffer is not suggested you should use it only once daily uses may affect the floor skin.
How to Maintain Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors are maintained easily by practicing some daily routine tasks. Here are some best practices to maintain the wood floor.
- Cleaning spills regularly: Moisture is dangerous for hardwood floors. It can cause spills, gapping and other problems. It is recommended to remove any spills immediately on their occurrence.
- Furniture pads: using furniture pads will reduce the chances of scratches and displacing of plunks of old hardwood floor.
- Dusting: Dusting and sweeping the wooden floor helps to maintain a clean look of the hardwood floor. you can also laminate floor to avoid scratches.
- Recoating and refinishing: Recoating is needed when the floors get a dull look. Furthermore, refinishing is required after an old damaged wood floor.
- Cleaning product/ floor cleaner: An improper cleaning product damages the look of your hardwood floor. You need a good quality cleaning product for heavily soiled hardwood floors.